EYC Friday: Purple Edition.

So today is Day 3 of my cleanse and I'm down another .9lbs. I'm seriously elated over this. When I'd gone thru my first juice fast many months ago, I lost a significant amount of weight in 10 days and since then have slowly been ticking off the pounds. I'd hit a wall though for several months and decided that I had to do something. After doing some research on animal protein, I decided to cut meat out of my diet and get my protein from other sources. What a huge difference this has made. Not only with maintaining my weight, but also with the 'bloat' that I feel every women struggles with daily. I've been meat free for quite a while now and can't say that I even miss it. There are so many great 'alternative' meat sources out there that I don't even notice a difference in the texture or the taste! With the juice fast though, I feel like it's gotten me over the plateau that I'd been on for a while. So I'm excited to see how this day ends. I won't lie though, I can't wait to eat something solid -- and I'm already thinking of what yummy veggies I'm going to steam up for myself tomorrow! I'm only human :) Here's your inspiration for the weekend -- make sure you guys are eating your rainbows weekly. It's so incredibly important to maintaining a healthy lifestyle that isn't deficient in anything. Don't remember what purples are good for? Check out my original post here


What are some of your favorite purple fruits and veggies?

No comments:

Post a Comment