Produce Stickers.

So I came across this picture on Instagram the other day and after researching some various sites, have found that this is 100% accurate. I always wondered what the stickers on produce meant. I always assumed it had something to do with what region it was grown in or perhaps a code that was given to the farm to label their stuff or even just a number to label that specific fruit/vegetable. Now I have this little cheat sheet to take to the grocery store or farmer's market with me. It's amazing how many things I thought I was buying organic just from someone telling me that they were or reading a sign that said it was. Not to mention, it's nice to know that things that are genetically modified have to be label so that the end consumer knows what they're getting themselves into. Unfortunately, so many people don't understand the dangers of GMO foods.


I also found this infographic on GMO foods that has some good information on it that I wanted to pass on. I love these things -- wish I was creative enough that I could figure out how to make one :) But until then, I'll source them out and post them for all to see and learn! Enjoy!

Click to make larger and more readable.

What have you been learning lately about the foods you eat or don't eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment